Raw papayas or green papayas are wonderful vegetable and a great source of nutrients like Vitamin A, C, E and folate. Hence, do make it a point to include raw or green papayas in your diet. You can cook, a curry of raw papaya (click to know the recipe). Or make your family eat raw papaya in the form of chutney. Let’s find out my ‘Papaya chutney recipe – spicy’. This chutney is a bit spicy though as the name suggests. With the usage of dry red chilli, its actually hot and sweet in taste.
Total cooking time of Papaya chutney recipe – spicy: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Papaya chutney recipe – spicy cooked for 2 people:
1. 1/2 raw or green papaya sliced into very thin pieces
2. 1 tsp black mustard seeds or rai or shorshe
3. Cumin powder or jeera powder
4. Pinch of salt
5. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
6. 1/2 cup sugar
7. Oil (Refined) – 2 tsp
8. 1 dry red chilly
9. A pinch of asafetida or hing
Papaya chutney recipe – spicy – The Method:
1. Heat refined oil in a pan /kadai or wok
2. Crackle some black mustard seeds in it
3. Add the dry red chilly
4. Add the raw papaya slices and saute
5. Add a pinch of salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and saute
6. Add 3 cups of water and let the contents come to boil. Cover cook
7. When papaya becomes soft, add sugar. Let it boil till papayas are cooked and the water is syrupy
8. Add a pinch of hing or asafetida and cover cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and put the contents of the pan inside a bowl. Serve with roti as a side dish!
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Papaya chutney recipe – spicy.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more breakfast/snack recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.