There’s a variety of Fishes and there’s a variety of methods of cooking them as well. Katla fish recipe without onion-ginger-garlic is one such easy method of cooking a fish without using onion, garlic, ginger and the recipe is mentioned below. I have used katla here. Rui can also be cooked in the same manner. Just try it out at home! It’s wonderful and easy to make and can be cooked in less time.
When I was a child, I used to visit my aunt’s home and there she would cook a simple katla fish and it would taste like a million dollar dish. The taste was unmatched. When I grew up and started cooking myself, I at once called my aunt to know the recipe. I was always of the suspicion that she might be using some special masala available in the market. After listening to the Katla fish recipe without onion-ginger-garlic and trying that out myself, I was taken aback at it’s simplicity and uniqueness. Please check the Katla fish recipe without onion-ginger-garlic shared below
Total cooking time for Katla fish recipe without onion-ginger-garlic (includes preparation time): 10 + 20 minutes
Ingredients for Katla fish recipe without onion-ginger-garlic cooked for 6 people:
1. Katla fish – 6 pieces marinated with salt and turmeric
2. 2 potatoes cut into medium pieces. Shorter pieces reduces cooking time
3. A paste of 2 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp chilly powder
4. 1 tsp garam masala powder
5. Mustard Oil
6. Bay leaf
Katla fish recipe without onion-ginger-garlic – The Method:
1. Fry potatoes and keep separate
2. Fry fish pieces till brown and keep separate
3. In the same oil, add bay leaf and let it crackle
4. Add Masala paste and fry it well
5. Add potatoes and fry well together
6. Add fishes and stir gently to coat Masala around the pieces
7. Add 4-6 cups of water and cover cook
8. Once potatoes are cooked, put garam masala and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Switch off flame
Serve with hot rice.
Do leave your valuable comments below.
For more fish recipes, please click here.
To follow/like us at facebook, please click here.