Bhature is an Indian bread usually eaten with chole or chickpeas or kabuli chana curry. Chole Bhature is a nice street food in North India and is consumed for breakfasts as well. Here I am sharing the Bhature Recipe Healthy Version. Though bhatures are made nicely with maida or all purpose flour, to make the bhatures healthy I have made them with maida or all purpose flour, atta or wheat flour and suji or semolina.
Bhature Recipe Healthy Version – preparation time – overnight
Bhature Recipe Healthy Version – cooking time – 30 minutes
Bhature Recipe Healthy Version – The ingredients:
1. 1.5 cups maida or all purpose flour
2. 1 cup atta or wheat flour
3. 3/4 tsp baking powder
4. 2 tbsp refined oil or any low absorb oil preferably
5. 0.5 cup semolina or suji
6. 1.5 cup curd
Bhature Recipe Healthy Version – The Method for 6 bhature:
1. Take 1 and 1/2 cup of maida, 1 cup wheat, 1/2 cup semolina. Add 3/4 tsp baking soda, salt and mix well
2. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and mix
3. Add 1 and 1/2 cup curd and mix to form a dough and let it rest overnight
4. In the morning when the dough becomes softer and raises, it’s ready to work with. Knead a little more with 1 tbsp of oil again
5. Heat lots of vegetable oil in a wok or kadai or a non-stick pan preferably for deep frying
6. Make 7 large balls from the dough and make round thick big flat bhatures with a rolling pin. Use oil to facilitate rolling of bhatures
7. Oil should be smoking hot. Now drop the bhatures one by one for deep frying. While frying, press the bhatures with the flat surface of the spatula, a bit, so that they rise and are fluffy
8. Take the bhatures out of the oil
Serve hot with chole or any other curry. Click here to know the kabuli chana curry recipe.
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Bhature Recipe Healthy Version.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more Roti & Rice recipes, please click here.
To find more North Indian recipes, please click here.
To find more breakfast/snack recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.