Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is an LPG gas regulator?
LPG gas regulators are mainly used for reducing the temperature-dependent gas bottle pressure around 400-1200 kPa down to 2.75 kPa and maintain the same pressure consistently.
2) How frequently should we change the gas regulators?
A piece of good advice would be to change the gas regulators in every ten years. You will be able to notice some visual signs of wearing off the regulator. However, the regulators always come with a date of manufacture stamp on its body. And try not to drop the regulator onto the floor as they have a susceptible inner mechanism that might get disrupted.
3) What are the primary sources for gas leakage?
Gas leakage can happen due to many different reasons. It can occur from the inside valve of the cylinder, the regulator, from the pipe, stove’s flame control dials, and even from the burner nozzles.
4) What are the causes of the blast in gas cylinders?
Leakage is the biggest reason for cylinder blasts. A small amount of leakage will not do that much harm. But if there is still leakage for a long time, with all the windows and doors blocked, any single movement like switching on the electric light can lead to an explosion and a cylinder blast.
5) How to remove the gas regulator from the gas bottle?
Follow a few simple steps
- First, turn off the gas valve handwheel
- Then remove the gas regulator from the gas bottle valve by turning the regulator hand wheel clockwise.
Be very careful while performing these steps. There can be a tiny amount of gas inside the regulator, which will be released in the air as soon as you take off from the cylinder.
6) What is the proper way for the installation of a gas safety device?
As these tasks should involve very high safety measures for you and your family members, it is always advisable that you should check with the manual guide before doing anything. However, the process is very easy. Most of the gas safety devices can be installed the same as the gas regulators. A large number of safety devices come with a large dial to show the gas level and have a pressure control knob.
7) Which is the best gas safety device?
We would recommend the IGT gas safety device as the best in the market. It is a bit expensive option but for good reasons. It has all the advanced features like the lock system and the dual seal system. Moreover, products from this company come with a five years long replacement warranty.
8) What are the LPG gas cylinder regulator types?
Some of the different types of regulators are –
- Clip-on patio gas propane regulators
- Screw fit propane regulators
- Clip-on butane regulators
- High-pressure regulators
- Camping gas regulators
9) Which is the best gas regulator brand in India?
There are many brands that manufacture LPG gas regulators. To name some of them would be Generic, Xpress, etc.
10) How to understand the low gas indication?
The safety devices come with a gauge pin that detects the pressure of the gas. When the presser becomes low, the needle falls to the red section indicating a low gas level.
Purchasing the best LPG gas regulator is not that easy as the number of models available on the market high. Select any one of the models listed above and you will not regret it.