A glass gas stove is often seen as an exciting option to buy for its compact, sleek, and modern appeal. But again it has its own set of benefits and drawbacks which should be kept in mind before opting for one.
Benefits of Using a Glass Gas Stove
- Glass gas stoves are very simple and easy to maintain and clean.
- They bring in the sense of exquisiteness to your kitchen décor.
- They can be a good option for a better and faster warm-up.
- They ease the task of cooking as the surface around the burners remains cool.
- On most glass stoves, the burners are not visible.
Drawbacks for Using a Glass Gas Stove
- It is a costly option.
- They should be handled with care. They get easily damaged while cleaning.
- They tend to get scratches and breaks easily.
- The utensils you cook with needs to be flat. Bent vessels may not work well with glass gas stoves.
- If damaged, the top replacement can be expensive and not so easy.
- Glass Top Stove Prices is high.
Is it Safe to Use a Glass Gas Stove?
It is safe to use a gas stove provided that you are prepared to take care of the gas. The glass top gas stove has toughened glass, and it is a safe option. It is five times powerful than normal, ordinary glass, which makes it durable. Heat resistant tempered glass is the best for use till now.
If you are thinking of purchasing one, check the durability and strength of the glass top. It is determined by the quality of the glass that is used. It would be essential to go through some top gas stove brands in India and then consider the brand. However, careless handling can even damage a good product.
Safety Tips for Using Glass Top Gas Stove
Is Glass Top Gas Stove Safe? It is difficult to denote the best material for gas stove since it is totally a personal choice. It depends on how comfortable you are with the material. But be it glass or stainless steel, all gas stoves require maintenance. Ideally, for a glass top gas stove, you need to be careful so that the glass doesn’t break or get damaged. Generally, these are toughened glass, so they don’t easily break, but careless handling can damage the glass.
It can break due to overloading, changes in the natural environment, during installation, or damage on the outer surface.
The following tips can come handy while handling glass stove burners:
- Don’t keep the burners closed
Most users keep the burners and the glass top covered with the intention to keep it clean. But this results in the trapping of the heat and increase of pressure resulting in shattering.
- Using oversized utensils can trap heat and damage the glass. So check the size of your pots and pans before putting it on the stove.
- Take care of vessels with sharp edges. That can damage the glass top.
- Never put the vessels on the glass top, especially if it is filled. This can cause the glass to crack.
- Clean the burners. Clogged burners can damage the stove by interfering with its proper functioning.
- When to opt for glass top replacement?
There is no process by which you can fix it yourself. Glass top gases can look aesthetically pleasing, but they can be damaged easily. Ideally, a broken glass top cannot be fixed or repaired, but they can be replaced by a proper mechanic. There can minor cracks which can happen over time.
Those can unpleasing to look at but don’t need immediate replacement. If the damage interferes with the functionality of the stove, then you have to opt for glass top replacement.
Why Choose Glass Top Gas Stoves?
Even if you have chosen your favourite one out of the above-listed products, one thing you were surely thinking about is whether these glass top stoves are worth buying for Indian homes or not. So, here are the top reasons why you should opt for a glass top stove instead of the normal stainless-steel cooktop for your home. Go through them and know whether you should buy the gas stove for yourself, or not.
- Easy to maintain
- Glass top comes with a warranty
- Heat resistant glass top makes it durable and a better choice than the traditional cooktops
Along with these, there are numerous other points that can be treated as the reasons to choose the glass top stoves over the traditional ones.
So, if you were looking for a more beautiful and reliable cooktop for your modern kitchen, you should look forward to buying a glass top stove instead of the traditional stove with stainless steel cooktop.
So, this was all the information that you will need to know if you were looking forward to buying a glass top stove for your home. In case you were looking for the recommendations, then you can find the best product for yourself from the above list, and if you aren’t able to decide whether the glass top stoves are worthy enough for your home, or not, then the reasons behind the popularity of the glass top stoves will be extremely beneficial for yourself.